Published on February 6th, 2013 | by Joe Martin0
Witcher 3 Details Revealed In New Trailer
Game Informer Delivers Fresh Info
A new trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has revealed fresh details about the game.
Due for release in 2014 on PC and “all high-end platforms available”, the RPG is said to feature “a tired hero who wants to set things right but can’t put down his swords until his conscience allows – if it ever does”.
CD Projekt Red’s new RED Engine 3 technology is reportedly set to deliver an open world 30 times larger than The Witcher 2′s, which is described as larger than Skyrim’s, stretching from “stormy islands to war-torn forests and a sprawling dark fantasy metropolis without a loading screen anywhere to be found”.
Further Witcher 3 details reportedly picked from Game Informer’s new issue by a digital subscriber who posted them on NeoGAF include:
- World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim’s, says development team. [Tentative, obviously]
- 30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
- New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
- Geralt’s Memory is restored
- No chapters/acts
- Dude is DONE fighting for everyone else
- Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
- Coming out on “all top-of-the-line” consoles
- Clues build up information (like a Bestiary perhaps?)
- Books garner information about monsters
- Townsfolk provide information
- Potions and such are important
- Time of day and other conditions affect where monsters appear, and their abilities
- Critical strikes in areas that matter depending on how much you learn about said monster
- You can disable a vampires poisoning attack by hitting its venom gland (Vampires are poisonous?) or skewer BOTH ITS HEARTS with a thrust attack (instant kill)
- Monsters drop loot like unobtainable alchemical and crafting ingredients for unique potion, mutagen and item crafting.
- Provides income as well
- Lowest level = free form activities like crafting, monster slaying (seems to be much more extensive this time around) and questing.
- Next level = Political situation of Nilfgaardian invastion is resolved through a core plotline for each area. These areas? -> Skellige, Novigrad and No Mans Land!
- Final level = Geralt’s main plot line, his search for his loved ones, and the chase of the Wild Hunt.
- Enemy AI completely rebuilt, scripted bosses out
- Environmental combat ‘contributions’ (a dozen types of interactive objects) – wasp hive irritated using Aard
- Magical signs retooled
- The magic tree advancement allows secondary sign forms = ie. Igni and a 360-degree blast
- Other trees, Swordsmanship and Alchemy
- New strikes under Swordsmanship, boosts like improved stamina and parrying
- Mutation mechanic under a different development path
- Team aware of frustrations of inventory management in The Witcher
- Crafting critical to maximize Geralts potential, but weapons and armor can be found in many ways
- Players can customize their crafted weapons with some components, ie, monster scales for leather in armor
- Each armor piece has unique appearance, new cloth simulation tech.
- Barber is in from the get go. Dyeing hair is OUT OF QUESTION, White Wolf.