Dead Space 3 Debuts Top of UK Charts
Biggest Launch of the Year So Far
Dead Space 3 topped the UK charts and became the biggest launch so far in 2013, according to GfK-ChartTrack. However, first week sales are down 26.6% on Dead Space 2′s launch.
The Xbox 360 version had a 65% share of first week sales, with the PS3 representing 31% and the PC just 4%.
Madden NFL 13, presumably riding on the crest of the SuperBowl wave, was the second highest new entry, coming at 19. Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed returns to the top ten on the strength of the new 3DS version.
The top 10 are below. Week-on-week sales comparisons are in brackets.
1. Dead Space 3
2. FIFA 13 (-9%)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (-12%)
4. Far Cry 3 (+3%)
5. Hitman: HD Trilogy (-30%)
6. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (-63%)
7. Need For Speed Most Wanted (-17%)
8. Just Dance 4 (-15%)
9. Hitman Absolution (-19%)
10. Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed (+50%)